Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
October 1, 2019
- 2 cups of shredded chicken (I used a Costco rotisserie chicken)
- 3 medium bell peppers
- 1 cup of enchilada sauce (I used Las Palmas)
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Slice the peppers in half and scoop out the seeds. Add 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the baking dish and add the peppers.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cumin, garlic powder, salt, chili powder, and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mix together well.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the peppers evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil, sprinkle remaining cup of cheese evenly on all the peppers and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
CONTAINER COUNTS: 1 pepper counts as 1/2 red, 1 green, 1 yellow and 1 blue!
Adapted from: Belle Of The Kitchen